A brand new Supernote — Version 0.6
We're excited to share the biggest update to Supernote to date. This version is all about knowledge — transforming the notes you capture into a powerful repository of information. Here's what's new:
- Related notes
- Linked notes
- Customizable sidebar
- Browser-based navigation
- New visual design
- Performance and reliability improvements
📚 Related Notes
The right information, right when you need it.
You're taking notes in the middle of a call with someone you've met before. As you jot down an important detail, you vaguely recall a related note you took a few weeks back.
Do you hunt it down? Or continue on writing?
With Related Notes, choose no longer:
Adding a tag to a note, such as #acme-corp, will reveal other notes that have the same tag (on the right hand side). Clicking on one of these notes will open it in a full-editable split-screen mode.
🔗 Note Linking
Have you ever wished you could link from Supernote to Supernote? Now you can with Note Linking. Try it out by typing "+".
⭐ Customizable Sidebar
With Supernote 0.6, every surface (individual note, collection of notes, or collection of tasks) you engage with can be ⭐Starred. Starring a surface turns it into a saved view that is easily accessible from both your left side bar and search.
🧭 Browser-based navigation
The long awaited back button has officially arrived in Supernote. You can now navigate to and from pages as you would expect in a browser. More importantly, this also means you can now navigate directly to a note via its URL.
Future updates will allow more fine-grained controls over sharing and permissions.
🧥 A brand new coat
We re-designed Supernote with a few things in mind:
- Make core functionality even faster and easier to access
- Improve navigation and overall spatial awareness when inside the product
- Remove redundant surfaces
The result is a simpler, more streamlined product. If you have feedback on the new design, please drop us a line in Supernote!
🎲 Miscellaneous & 🐛 bug fixes
- Significantly reduced initial load time (~10X faster in extreme cases)
- Significantly reduced perceived latency while typing
- Improved global search (Command + K)
- Implemented spellcheck suggestions
- Using Command + K on highlighted text now correctly adds a link (no longer overridden by global search)
- Fixed a bug that caused certain notes created in offline mode to not sync
We love hearing feedback and feature requests on the product—share Supernotes with us by mentioning @Kevin Moody and @Dennis Xu, and include the topic #feedback.
Kevin & Dennis