May 5, 2021
Welcome to v0.16! This exciting update introduces a brand new Google Calendar integration, new slash commands, an improved Texts flow, and UX tweaks.
📅 Calendars (a brand new Flow)
With our new Google Calendar integration, you can view, join, and take notes on all of your calendar events — without ever leaving Mem. You'll be able to:
- See upcoming events in your Timeline
- One click to create a mem associated with a calendar event
- One click to re-open an event’s mem
- One click to jump into a video call
- One click to share a meeting mem with attendees (which auto-invites people who don’t have a Mem account)
- Link a mem to calendar event, which appears as an action in the right hand sidebar if you’re currently in a meeting
- View Related Mems for recurring events, automatically powered by mems linked to past instances of that meeting, perfect for 1:1s or recurring team standups!
To get started, just search in Mem for Calendars.
⚡ New Features
- You can now type /date anywhere in a mem to insert the current date
- You can now type /image anywhere in a mem to upload an image
- Texts flow now automatically detects #hashtags in incoming messages
- Texts flow now supports multiple images and text in a single message
🎨 UX Tweaks
- Many subtle changes to UI spacing, font sizes, header line heights, and more, to make the app feel more consistent! Most notably, you'll now have extra spacing automatically added above headers (H1, H2, and H3).
- The editor automatically scrolls as you reach the bottom of the screen in order to keep your cursor a few lines away from the edge
- Improved drag & drop support for adding images to a mems
🐛 Bug Fixes
- Templates no longer appear to reset after editing an existing template
- Spotlight correctly resets the search field after pasting from results
We've received tons of valuable feedback from all of you over the past several weeks. Thank you—please keep it coming!
–The Mem Team