Careers at Mem
Sometimes, technology is a destination — a place to visit and immerse ourselves within, to wander and get lost inside of.
Other times, it is a companion. Rather than competing for our attention, it blends in with our surroundings — like an assistant that helps us do more, and become better.
While both have a place in the world, the latter has been largely neglected while the former has taken over our lives. At Mem, we don't build software that holds your attention. We build software that gives you your time back.
Software Engineer (Founding Team)
As a software engineer on our founding team, you will work across the entire stack starting on Day 1, from improving our search backend to building delightful workflows that help passionate users zip information from place to place.
You will have the agency to dive into the product and engineering challenges that excite you — which could involve applying natural language processing or building knowledge graph-powered search — while working alongside a small team of missionary builders. You will think like a product manager while being responsible for delivering jaw-dropping experiences to the end user.
At Mem, you will have every opportunity to do your life's work.
You will work closely with the founders Kevin and Dennis, and partner with our lead designer Priscilla to deliver incredible features. They will be your support structure alongside other engineers on the team.
Success in the role revolves around three primary factors:
- Autonomy: Given an initial design, consistently deliver an end-to-end new product feature. You've led the way in delivering product to market before and will have the agency here to do it again in a greenfield environment.
- Mentorship: Consistently spend time helping others grow on the team. You care about the growth of others and will be expected and empowered to raise the levels of engineers on the team.
- Delivery: Ship large features regularly at a rapid pace. We move quickly and will need you to accelerate what we're doing to deliver product to market.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Benefits (medical/vision/dental), 21-days paid time off
- Remote first environment
- Regular team lunches and happy hours, in-person company retreats and meetups
- Equipment and home office stipend
Reach out to email@example.com
We are always looking for awesome people to work with, so we encourage you to reach out even when there isn't an open role.
Meet the team
Buzz about Mem
See what people are saying. Check out the latest on Twitter.